Divorcing couples need financial expertise.
Your marriage may be over, but the rest of your life is still ahead. Divorcing couples need financial expertise. You need to be able to assess and evaluate your financial needs (both short and long term) by obtaining the information and education necessary to enable you to make more knowledgeable and intelligent decisions regarding your divorce settlement options.
Our Certified Divorce Professionals will examine the financial issues of your divorce and provide you and/or your attorney with powerful data to support your case.
The primary mission of DivorceIllinois.org is to promote the education and professionalism of Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA™s), Certified Financial Divorce Practicioners (CFDPs), and other divorce professionals and to educate the public on the financial aspects of divorce.
What is a certified divorce professional?
A certified divorce professional can be a lawyer, financial planner, accountant or any other financial professional who has completed the specialized training in the financial issues of divorce through the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts or the Academy of Financial Divorce Practioners. A divorce professional must also fulfill ongoing continuing education requirements and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics.
A certified divorce professional will
The benefits to you
- Provide guidance through the financial maze during and after divorce.
- Provide analysis and illustrations customized to your divorce.
- Present reports to your attorney to show the impact of potential settlement proposals.
- Provide a full and complete explanation of your reports so that you understand their content.
- Help you understand the financial issues of…
- Personal vs. marital property
- Tax problems and solutions
- Splitting the house
- Valuing and dividing property
- Retirement and pensions
- Alimony and child support
- Having peace of mind knowing that you understand the implications regarding your financial options.
- Providing objective guidance during an emotional time.
- Expertise in your specific financial needs.
- Providing expert witness testimony if needed.
These materials have been prepared by DivorceIllinois.org for informational purposes only and are not legal, tax, financial or financial planning advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, professional, consulting or any other kind of relationship. Internet subscribers and other readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. For advice about your specific situation, you must consult a qualified professional